1. Remember them in talks about minority groups! That “A” does not stand for allies, it stands for Asexuals! Include them.
2. Make your blog a safe space for them! Tag and warn for sexual, tmi, and nsfw content. Ask them if anything you post bothers them.
3. Do not assume that everyone is sexual. Do not make blanket statements about sex. This leaves out asexual people.
4. Don’t ask them rude questions about being asexual. Questions such as “Are you broken?” “Have you gone through a trauma that caused this?” Read up about asexuality before asking them questions about their identity.
5. Don’t send them tmi questions without an OK from them first, even if it is tmi Tuesday.
6. Don’t claim to know all about asexuality because you knew someone once, or read 1 post. You aren’t the expert on their sexuality, they are.
7. If the question you have is generic, try looking at a blog about asexuals first, or try googling it. If that does not answer your question, but sure to be polite when asking.
8. Remember the PoC asexuals. Remember the intersectionality of asexuals. This is important.
9. Be sure to be there to them to vent about sexual people and their oppression. Don’t cry “we aren’t all like that!” Listen. Be kind. Support them.
10. Stand up for them. Call people out when they bash asexuals, don’t let them trash your asexual friends. Even if your friend is not present, stand up for them!
11. If you are holding a meeting of some sort, for gay people or trans*gender people, include asexuals. Ask them what the sexuals can do to make it safer for them. On one of the meeting days, give them a chance to have a voice with how their gender or sexuality or any other identity relates to being asexual. LET THEM HAVE A VOICE.
Again, feel free to reblog and add on more. If I got anything wrong or said anything offensive, let me know and I will fix it.
maybe it’s a personal preference, but i like “asexual people/folks/individuals” better than “asexuals.”
that said though, yes, fucking important.
queerer-than-thou jerks who rail against asexual folks need to build a bridge and get the fuck over themselves.
- smdy reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation
- formajorrepair reblogged this from phoenixuncaged
- thewhirld reblogged this from fuckyeahsexpositivity
- peachandsabre reblogged this from fuckyeahhardfemme
- pilotjbug reblogged this from direwitch
- thehorannetwork reblogged this from consentual
- tillyyy likes this
- troublesquared likes this
- wowshoujo likes this
- lordvanquisher likes this
- thursdaysoldier reblogged this from themostfeminist
- femchef likes this
- deanofthemoment likes this
- themostfeminist reblogged this from stopcallingmebitch
- stopcallingmebitch reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation
- huitzilihuitl likes this
- evannalynchs likes this
- thevaginakhaleesi reblogged this from gettingbetterfaster
- libertarias1 reblogged this from gtfothinspo
- ladymangoberry likes this
- queenchips reblogged this from fuckyeahhardfemme
- hermionegrangr reblogged this from roseisreturning
- warehouseagentinbelgium reblogged this from nummerthirteen
- whatsup2mycup reblogged this from witchescanberight
- nummerthirteen reblogged this from witchescanberight
- agrongonewilde reblogged this from witchescanberight
- avoidmynose likes this
- witchescanberight reblogged this from aesho
- brrittney likes this
- aesho reblogged this from fuckyeahhardfemme
- rubybruise likes this
- actyourrage reblogged this from direwitch
- aliveincide reblogged this from fuckyeahhardfemme
- spoony-loony reblogged this from yutke
- spoony-loony likes this
- yutke reblogged this from fuckyeahhardfemme
- a-positive likes this
- beleghir reblogged this from gtfothinspo
- monocotsgonewild likes this
- simplyrambling likes this
- thexylobrytes likes this
- sarahakele reblogged this from raspberriesandcolfer and added:
- buriaq likes this
- prancingdarren likes this
- analyticalpeacock reblogged this from raspberriesandcolfer
- raspberriesandcolfer reblogged this from gettingbetterfaster
- colfer-swift likes this
- struckbycarsondreams reblogged this from gettingbetterfaster